Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hell0 2011!

Yeah - yeah ... it's been awhile since I've posted (but there's something about reading "no followers" that reduces the enthusiasm for writing. I must be doing something totally wrong. Everyone said "Blog, Bob - BLOG! It'll bring people to your art.")

Ah well. It's good to stay in practice (writing every six months is staying in practice?!)

In spite of the world's attention being elsewhere I have kept at my easel and have steadily been improving on my art. I was forced awhile back to abandon the solvent-based mediums I've been using all my life. I had become sensitized to the toxic nature of the fumes and so began a love-hate relationship with acrylics.

Well, just like an arranged marriage - you can learn to love something you have to spend the rest of your life with. I'm slowly coming to terms with the possibilities of this amazing modern medium. I've lots to learn (!!) but I'm getting to a point where I'm getting good stuff from it. I'm especially delighted with the way it combines with pastels in smaller works (smaller for me is anything under 3' X 4'.)

Relocating to the "big city" (Victoria - hah!) has been good for connecting with models so I am enthusiastic about the coming year. Should be some good progress in the coming months.

Stay tuned ... (I'll try to write more often. But I do post new works to my website frequently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment